Tue, 27 January 2009
The Show Notes
4 Colours of Hrab: The Geologic Fancast #2
Arkle says Happy Anniversary
Bruce “Icepick” Press interviews Sarah Palin
Peter Sosna gets a colonoscopy
Marvin and Keisha like ZZTop
Geo introduces the Geologic Podcast Drinking Game
The Fancast again, now with Geo's pointless commentary
(for hardcore fans only)
Thanks to: Dave Lim, Marvin and Keisha, Arkle, Peter Sosna, Bruce Press and the Icepicks, Joey Halatyn and Ms.Information.
Stupid gigantic thanks and genuflections towards: Carrie P.
The Official Rules for the Geologic Podcast Drinking Game
- Take a drink when George says "Hey Kids."
- Take a drink when George sings along with the "Sheer Brick" opening monologue music.
- Take a drink when George repeats a phrase or word more than once in immediate succession .
- Take a drink when George emits a Hrabian Sigh (generally used in reference to morons, religious or otherwise).
- Take a drink when George makes reference to Zappa, Yes, or The Police.
- Take a drink when George uses a curse word.
- Take a drink when George speaks Ukrainian.
- If you understand what he is saying, finish your drink.
- Take a drink when George speaks German.
- Take a drink when George gives a shout-out to a Geologic fan, a friend, or family member.
- If that fan is you, finish your drink.
- When George mentions Diet Coke, drink Diet Coke.
Bonus points (for hardcore fans and/or alcoholics)
Finish you drink if:
- Ms. Information speaks
- George says "Vibraphone"
- George apologizes for the length of the show
Due to safety concerns we encourage you to use large-volume, lower-alcohol drinks and for godsakes stay away from tequila.
Ms. Information says: huge thanks to all of you crazy kids!
If you'd like to view and download Dave Lim's art:
Fancast cover art
Fancast cover art in full
I\'m amazed that there\'s not one, but TWO other people who know who Marc Maron is. (Alright, I got the CAPTCHA wrong, and it spit back this: I\\\'m amazed that there\\\'s not one, but TWO other people who know who Marc Maron is. Seems like your Wordpress blog is borked.)
I\\\'m back! My iPod broke and I just got it fixed. I really missed listening to this show. I\\\'m trying now to catch up. I\\\'m on #94. I\\\'m glad you\\\'re still here. I came back to find that one of my fave podcasts has gone under due to the economy. Yikes!
Hey, Carrie P., Chuck D. here. I\\\'ve been listening to Geo\\\'s rants since college, and I\\\'d love to contribute to the next Fancast. Write me at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can be in the loopage next time around. BTW, Souza died in 1932, so next year I think we can have a Souza royalty-free fanfare. Huhzah!
Another rule addendum: Drink continuously while Geo is geeking out about meeting a musician you\'ve never heard of who was in this band you\'ve kinda heard of and then was in this other band and was so totally awesome!!!.... So basically episode 100 would have been the liver killer. Seriously, Geo, you\'re the consummate music geek. My level of musical knowledge is roughly that of my singing ability (that is, zero), but it\'s a hell of a lot of fun listening to you geek out about such things. Keep it up and again, congratulations!
Wow! Thanks, Geo, for thanking us for thanking you for being so awesome! The extra commentary is sweet. Huge HUGE props to the amazing CarrieP for putting this fancast thingy together. I love the song at the end. We need to coin new word -- fancastastic -- for anything CarrieP does. Re: the drinking game There\'s a part of me that\'s convinced this should be the Geologic Podcast NONdrinking Game. For instance, \"Whenever Geo grinds his teeth while talking about Neal Peart, have a glass of milk.\" Re: ZZ Top It\'s a Texas thang. You might not *want* to understand. ;-)
Adding comments is not available at this time.