Thu, 7 January 2010
The Show Notes
Happy Birthday, Sis
Happy New Year's
Watchmen Crazy Über Edition
Religious Moron of The Week
- Roberto Carlos MagalhaesInteresting Fauna
- Baba Jamun Yadav from Kristin Carlsson
- Sinornithosaurus from Sharon HillSlau’s String Theory
- Why religion? from Keith KwiatkowskiThanks for all the holiday stuff
Geo's Music: start the new year geologically!
The catalog at iTunes
The catalog at CD Baby
Sign up for the mailing list: Write to Geo!
Score more data from the Geologic Universe! Get George's edition Non-Coloring Book at Lulu, both as download and print editions.
Have a comment on the show, a Religious Moron tip, or a question for Ask George? Drop George a line and write to Geo's Mom, too!
Ms. Information says, "Mno hayalita, Lesia! Wishing all of you an awesome start to a new decade and a particularly spectacular new year!"
I\'ll have to check out the Watchmen director\'s cut, but I doubt it\'s much improvement over the theatrical release (which I found disappointing). And the \"Motion Comic\" is a great idea in theory, but it\'s cut off at the knees by the guy reading the dialogue; it would benefit from at least one more, female, reader. PS: turned my brother on to your show last Christmas; you\'re his new favorite podcast! PS: turned my brother on to your show last Christmas; you\\\'re his new favorite podcast!
Totally with you on the \"turn of the decade\" stuff Geo. Cecil Adams has been dealing with this vexed question since at least 1975, see here: - http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/511/what-will-the-first-decade-of-the-21st-century-be-called and then later here: - http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1129/what-will-they-call-the-class-of-00 and still again here: - http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1130/what-did-people-in-the-1900s-call-the-decade-in-which-they-lived If Cecil can\'t answer it, the answer is unknowable. Hence the problem with 2010. Nice to have you back by the way. We missed you :) PS - when cleaning out my mother\'s flat I found at least 3kg (that\'s 6.6lb) of table salt in her cupboard!
4. Celery Salt\\\'s good for: a. Dairy-based dip. b. adding to soup stocks when you don\\\'t have celery. c. adding to garlic bread. 5. I\\\'ve never seen Bay Leaves liquidate, BUT, I\\\'ve seen a. garlic and broccoli liquidate b. Bay leaves dust like a 90\\\'s vampire. 6. I think you may have committed genocide by throwing away that bottle of ranch. Or perhaps prevented it by not allowing Darpa to use it as a bioweapon. 7. Kiki Lee rocks. Girl\\\'s got a good head on heer shoulders. Perhaps you should make it a yearly thing to clean out your pantry, however.
Post your comment: